Saturday 11 January 2014

Day 5 and a slight slip-up...

Look it's not my fault. It was Friday, and I was happy with my progress. And a little couldn't hurt, could it?

OK, I accidentally bought wine.

I accidentally grabbed my purse and keys, went out to the car, drove to Cellarbrations, went in, grabbed a couple of bottles of wine, made small talk with the cashier, handed over my card, inputted my pin, and left under a cloud of my own guilt.
White wine can rot your teeth
It's got grapes in it!

I didn't say I was perfect, did I? And besides, I don't want to alienate my readership by seamlessly swapping an unhealthy lifestyle for a healthy one with little or no resistance - that's just unrealistic!

After several hours of internal debate in my head, I had reached the conclusion that this drive to lose weight needed to be a balanced one, and deprivation has no place in this equation. Surely expelling mid-week wine is enough? I ate only a little yesterday*, did my Jillian Michaels workout and was generally 'good'.

(And I'm in justification territory now) But I know from experience that if I try to be perfect on every level then I'm in for a spectacular fail sooner or later (my psychologist told me this years ago when I announced I was going to take up tap dance, modern dance and jazz on top of my twice weekly ballet classes. Tentatively he suggested taking up just one to avoid overloading myself and therefore quitting before I'd started - he was right, it lasted a week).

OK, so wine has made it back onto the menu for the weekend - just a little

Right, am off to swim ten lengths to atone for my sins...

*I've been vague about food intake and for all you know I'm eating three Big Mac meals a day (technically impossible, nearest McDonalds is about 16 hours away), so to give you an example, here's what I ate yesterday.

Morning: Coffee

Lunch: Two poached eggs with fresh spinach and a wholemeal pitta bread

Supper: Five or six falafels with tzaziki and five or six cubes of baked halloumi cheese with chilli (am rather partial to a mediteranean/middle eastern diet)





No comments:

Post a Comment