Tuesday 14 January 2014

Day 8 and a disappointing plateau...

Well I didn't expect to have dropped any more weight, particularly since I got off to such an excellent start last week, so remaining stubbornly at 72kgs is fine, just fine. It doesn't bother me at all. Not at all. Nope. Not. A. Jot.

Oh cruel world! Yes I had wine over the weekend, but I also did my exercises and swam ten lengths on Saturday. I also stuck to my pretty austere diet, so why me God? Why me????

This report from 'The Onion' sums up nicely the despair I feel today...

New Study Finds It Is Impossible To Lose Weight, No One Has Ever Done It, And Those Who Are Trying Should Give Up

NEWS • Science & Technology • Health • Diet & Weight • ISSUE 49•24 • Jun 10, 2013

Researchers say losing weight is scientifically impossible and that this, above, is the result of every single attempt to do so.

Today I feel as lumpen and bloated as a very lumpen bloated thing. Last night I dreamed I was gorging on enormous amounts of cake, for hours on end. I suspect this was my slumbering mind's twist on 'The Wolf of Wall Street', which we watched last night - a disgusting and queasy display of excess and debauchery, which left us shaking our heads and saying, 'what the heck are we doing with our lives - is it too late to become a stockbroker?'

So, I've plateaued and I'm wondering what I can do to push through. Any tips are more than welcome (or indeed any diseased flip-flops - pm me for my address!).

No comments:

Post a Comment