Thursday 30 January 2014

Day 24 and I'm not really trying this week...

This is a quick one today, I have actual paid work to finish which I must crack on with, but I wanted to check in and update my progress, or rather lack of.

There is a self-hijack button somewhere in my head, which has a tendency to go off whenever I get ahead in anything, and this weight-loss thing is no exception. Having reached 70kgs last week, and the euphoria which accompanied this, I've managed to avoid sticking to my regime for the past several days and I'm trying not to think about my weight.

I'm  not making excuses - honestly I'm not - but I am premenstrual which does tend to tip me into irrational territory, as well as the fact that I'm flying down to Perth tomorrow to put my eldest child into boarding school for the first time, something which fills me with complete terror, guilt and worry.

So the upshot is, I have no progress to report other than the health-plan is sort of on hold until Monday when I'm back home, less one child.

To compensate with lack of content here, I'm going to cheat and add another recipe. It is for kale crisps which, let's face it doesn't come close to replacing Kettle crisps or Doritos, but sort of satisfies the cravings a little. You can actually buy these from the supermarket for a ridiculously exhorbitant cost; much cheaper to buy a bunch of kale and make them yourself. Plus they're super easy to make.

Kale Chips/Crisps

Paprika and chilli kale chips

Ingredients

bunch of kale
olive oil
flavourings - salt/paprika/chilli/cumin...whatever you like

What to do:   
  • Remove kale leaves from stalks, then tear them into bite-size pieces.
  • Toss leaves in a bowl with the oil and flavouring
  • place on a baking tray and stick in the oven (180 degrees) for 10-15 minutes until crispy)



No comments:

Post a Comment